on 30. Aug at 12
goto PostRE: david brown 1212...(4)
 by Powerrabbit
 on 29. Aug at 12
goto PostRE: david brown 1212...(4)
 by davidbrownpower
 on 29. Aug at 12

[Access Forum]

Operators manuals. Click & then Operators Handbooks.

http://www.dbtc.co.uk/index.php?module=zWebstore&func=view&ot=product

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dougalOffline
22 Post subject: 30TD Crawlers  PostPosted: 03.03.2013, 10:25

Australia (NSW)
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea as to how many DB 30TD's were produced? And what years were they manufactured?

Thank you,

Dougal

Reply with quote Back to top
John.NewmanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.03.2013, 10:35

Gowrie Junction, via Toowoomba, Qld, Australia
Dougal,

As reported by Colin Holwell in the book "David Brown Tractors - A British Legend",the 30T, 30TD & 30ITD (industrial) were produced from 1950 to 1960 with 3080 being built.

Hope this helps and someone else may have a breakdown between models.

Regards,
John

ianozOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 09.03.2013, 08:07

Queesland australia
Hi Dougal ,If you look on the left hand side of the page there is a serial number list .According to it there was 653 30 TD built .

Powerrabbit
Post subject:   PostPosted: 09.03.2013, 08:32

SW UK
Some of the books that have been published don't list the numbers manufactured of individual models, the numbers are in some cases given for the total number in a particular series which is inclusive of the model variants. In other publications where serial numbers are listed it is easier to calculate the number of models of a particular model manufactured by simple arithmetic but even then this may not be totally accurate.

aussiesapphireOffline
Post subject: David Brown 30TD Dozer Australia  PostPosted: 28.07.2013, 09:28

Australia
Ho all, Ive been collecting since I was 9 years Old,the 30TD was bought with 2,000 hours by my Grandfather in the early 60,s and I still love Her as I learnt so much driving it as a Kid.
Been running a Farm and Full time Business for the Last Years but trying to slow down and get back into hobbies I like.
The Dozer is in good condition but been sheded and not started for 5 years.
As a young guy we had to rebuild the Gearbox after a bearing Failure,did the Diff and rear end to,Gearbox out through the Back end big job!
Was still used around the Farm then,I will try and did a photo of the last real useful Job it did when I sent my Wife on a rough drive when our first Boy was overdue just over 16 years ago!

Anyway my question is two fold,happy to catch up with any others to discuss our old girls,I have original Books and some background but no expert in DB.
The Starter Moter in mine is sad,is there any new Starters that will retrofit?
Is there a Model of a Wheeled DB that runs the same Diesel motor as I would like to look at adding a twin in the family
Shocked

Very Happy

Cheers Andrew

Powerrabbit
Post subject: RE: David Brown 30TD Dozer Australia  PostPosted: 28.07.2013, 12:17

SW UK
The 30D and early 900 shares the same engine, only difference between these is basically the injector pump. The 25D would also be comparable, just a couple of hp less than the 30.

tomwillOffline
Post subject: RE: David Brown 30TD Dozer Australia  PostPosted: 30.07.2013, 10:51

Australia.
Yes , great little crawlers there was quite a few come out here to Aust in the 1950s and like many other makes suffered by machinery dealers mounting to big equipment on them dozer blades etc. i saw a little 30td it had a blade you would put on a Cat D4 or D6 and trying to do to much with them.With the right equipment and operated properley no problem. Ihave a 40TD its brillant. Iknew Bob Marsh and Eric Hirst well they told me DB had them demo 2 DB5 Prototype tracklayers on the M1 back in the 1950s they were brillant but could not match the American machines for HP.Cheers Tom W AUST

Jump to: